News

No royalties for Kings

 Oct 06,2012
Written by: SARugby.com Editor
 

The SA Rugby Union (Saru) has stuck to its guns, confirming that the Southern Kings will be allowed to field only two foreign players in next year's Super Rugby competition.

"The status quo remains unchanged regarding the number of overseas players permitted in South African Vodacom Super Rugby squads," Saru said in a statement on Friday.

"The present allowance of two is unchanged."

The Kings, who will replace the Lions as one of five South African teams in the 2012 Super Rugby series, had put in a special request to Saru to be allowed to field more than the limit of two overseas players in their squad.

The Eastern Cape outfit signed Argentina scrum-half Nicolas Vergallo and Blues back Hadleigh Parkes earlier this week, but Kings coach Matt Sexton said they hoped to sign as many as six overseas players.

 

Tags: Super Rugby |  EP Kings | 
 
 
 
 

From The Sideline