11 Resaons why Aussies will beat the Saffas in the test series
February 10, 2014, 02:25:32
1. Mitch Johnson...
2. Aussie batters facing Mitch in the nets - anything else is pedestrian by comparison
3. G Smith is a whinger and he will be scared of Mitch... (which is not a cowardly thing as Mitch is very scary)
4. Aussies are the premiere cricket country just had a bad run recently that allowed the likes of lesser cricket countries to creep up the rankings
5. Morkel / Steyn dominance has waned - Steyn not as quick as he use to be - a lot like Jimmy Anderson's demise
6. Saffa pitches likely to be green and bouncey... just the way we like them
7. Saffa team omit best player I've seen them produce in a while - De Kock (what an unfortunate name...) while retaining older out of form players eg Amla
8. Senior player and mainstay of the team knows when to go - eg retire when you're on top... Kallis
9. Depth in Aussie cricket getting back to unbelievable depths after a forgettable 5yrs
10. Culture and vibe in this team best its been since early 2000s...
11. Watson injured - this is actually a good thing for the Aussie cricket team as much as I like the guy I think his batting has been problematic and would like to see the immensely talented Phil Hughes take his place @ number 3 -
I could go on but lets just wait for the first balls to be bowled...