The Momentum T20's and ODI's cooming up.
November 18, 2013, 01:05:28
This time of the year the rugby discussion dwindles and it is time to look at cricket more intensely, in the first instance the T20's and then the ODI's.
The question is who were the disappointments in the recent series against Pakistan and the following became clear:-
* Graeme Smith is not a batter in the shorter versions of the game anymore.
* In 5 games that Amla opened the batting he looked good in only 1 game - he is a massive asset to the team and should remain in the team - but he can be regarded as a wasted asset by keeping him as an opener.
* Duminy was extremely disappointing in all the games he batted in during the five games played.
I think the following should rather happen:-
* Opening batters - De Kock and Du Plessis
* Amla to bat at 3 - he seems a bit vulnerable as an opener and plays wonderfully well when the steam runs out a bot by the bowlers. Great asset - but he would do better a bit lower down in the order.
* Play Elgar instead of Duminy or Adams.
* I think that Morne Morkel should be brought back into the attack.