The Bad. the Fat and the Ugly
January 09, 2013, 07:38:49
Frankly I cannot wait for the Super 15 series to get started - the present debates on this site stinks to high heaven.
When sombody starts a nice juicy debatable thread, it soon deteriorates into murky and rubbish discussion between members as to -
* how stupid members are;
* how fat they are';
* how they are liars; etc
Just answer me one question - what the hell has the characterisitcs and physical condition of members to do with the game of rugby? Stuff all is the answer. If I have to wade through any thread to find some really juicy rugby debate and find virtualy only the above - I want to vomit like dear Luke Watson wanted to - but not on the Springbok jersey - but on the site members who abuse membership.
I know we have -
* real useless and ignorant buggers on site like the unbelievable Rooinek - aka Rooitwit or Rooi-arse - and now using another nom-dr-plume of a distateul fruit - as distateful as he is - but we all know he makes no effort to discuss rugby issues since he knows squat about the game:
* members like Mozart that believes in the glorious (and not so glorious) past and that all youmnger players must essentially be poor and we must play the old fruits past their sell-by dates to esnure a glorious future;
* beeno who believes in the tooth fairy and that McCaw and Bryce Lawrence are demons from hell sent to torment us all:
* Saffex who believes that all players over 29 are past it and must be retired forthwith with 19 and 20 year-olds, whilst maintining that size trumps everrything and ball sense and clever play is disposable; and
* real rugby lovers like Sharkbok, Carpertmuncher, boklogic, Arthur John, Ek and the right honourable myself who are really only interested in discussing present and future rugby issues.
We also are really lucky to have the cream of New Zealand supporters who are real rugby lovers - but unfortunately they are also disgraced by a few really ignorant compatriots.
IN CONCLUSION - CAN I NOW MAKE ONE HONOURABLE REQUEST - WHENEVER A THREAD IS STARTED ON A RUGBY ISSUE -
* WILL THE DELINQUINTS MENTIONED PLEASE RESTRAIN THEMSELVES TO ONE DISPARAGING COMMENT ON OTHER MEMBERS AND THEN CONCENTRATE ON RUGBY ISSUES;
* ALLOW US TO KEEP ON ENJOYING THE FUNNY AND RIDICULOUS COMMENTS OF SOME MEMBERS AS A MAJOR SOURCE OF COMIC RELIEVE AS A RESULT OF THEM KEEPING ON WITH THEIR STANDARD LEVELS OF IGNORANCE; AND
* ACCEPT THAT OTHERS HAVE DIFFERENT IDEAS - TO WHICH THEY ARE ENTITLED - AND DEAL WITH ISSUES ON A GENTLEMANLY BASIS.