Clevermike and Graeme Smith
September 29, 2012, 11:32:35
After reading your comments on G Smith, 1 thing became apparrent to me...
You should stick to the rugby side of the forum!
Nothing irks me more than someone trying to pretend that they know something!
Yes, G Smith did have a massive average after those 2 doubles in England....
But where you went horribly wrong in your assesment is where you stated "check the stats over the last three years and you will see what really happened"
Take a look at his ratting graph below my friend, and you'll see how solid his rating has been over his career:
You'll also be able to note the folloiwing:
- Since Jul 08 (4 years ago) he has maintained and exceeded 750 ranking points, which is the benchmark.
- He made it to 8000 runs in fewer tests than Gooch, Waugh (x2), Chanderpaul, Border and a few other all time greats.
- He took 3 innings more than Kallis to get to 8000 runs
- His average has never been lower than 47
- His average in England in 2007 was 79.33... Hardly as high as one would have expected!
- He has scored more 4th innings runs than anyone else in the history of test cricket.... the hardest time to bat is in the 4th innings.
- He also opens the batting... which is the most challenging time to bat
- To really add salt to your bull[removed].... here are his series stats since 2008:
...i could go on!
So next time you choose to have a dig at a player, please check out the real facts first my brother!