September 22, 2012, 08:30:04
Unsure what everyones take is on the trialling of the new possible changes to the rules. If the goal is to already speed up the game then HM must surely adjust the Bok gameplan accordingly?
- five-second time limit on playing the ball once it is available at the back of a ruck
- a time limit for completing conversion kick
- the positioning of a quick throw-in
- expanding the short arm penalty options for teams benefiting from a knock-on or throw forward into touch
- teams awarded a penalty or free kick at a line-out may choose another line-out without first having to kick for touch.
- The changes also include a new scrum engagement call which will see referees call "crouch, touch, set".